"If you were an inanimate object, describe what your day would be like"
"Shoes"
It all started the day I arrived at Payless Shoe Source. I was just a small size 3 in a shipment of Converse shoes. I was gray with black polka dots all over me. I was new and I was free! It was a wonderful indescribable feeling. The factory had been smelly and crowded but now I could finally breathe and have my own space. So I thought.
It turned out to be even more crowded in my new place and these monsters kept putting me on and taking me off. They had very sweaty, smelly, disgusting feet! It was very scary until I met HER. The perfect fit! Her name was Margaret. She was a monster but was strangely nice. My colors even went with her clothes (skinny jeans and a gray Aeropostale shirt). She wore me every single day for a whole year, and then suddenly she no longer could fit her boney little pink colored toe nailed feet into me.
So, it was over. I was thrown into the recycling bin and now I am a tie-dyed print size 7 Wal-Mart pair of shoes whose owner's name is David. He fits me, but he will not ever fit me as well as Margaret.
This won her an award and 2 weeks at UTEPS 2009 Word Weavers Academy Summer Camp. I was shocked when we recieved the letter in the mail. I had no idea that she had written anything in school. I called UTEP and they sent me a copy of her work. Congratulations Elaine we are very proud of you and your writing!
√ 泳ぐ イラスト 226970-泳ぐ いらすとや
4 years ago
3 comments:
That is wonderful. Congratulations to Elaine. good work!
Impressive! That is such an awesome story......way to go ELAINE!!!
What a great story writer! She needs to have a blog! Love ya Elaine!!
Post a Comment